Volunteer for PARENTS Online:
Be there for parents who need support.
We’re looking for empathetic volunteers with lived experience of parenting, who are interested in using their spare time to do something amazing by supporting other parents/carers within our online text-based platform. If you like the sound of joining our community of incredible volunteers, please read on below….
What we’re looking for:
• At least 1 x 3 hour shift per month – can be worked around your schedule
• A supportive and accepting outlook
• Experience as a parent/carer and a willingness to draw on this when appropriate
• Initial availability for 2 days training
• To stay with us for at least 6 months (we invest heavily in our volunteers and we ask that you commit to at least this time period to make it viable for us)
• You’ll need your own laptop/internet connection to logon to our platform
What you’ll get from volunteering with us…
• The chance to make a real difference to the people we support
• The positive feeling of helping others
• Full training and support every step of the way, including Level 3 Accreditation in Peer Support
• New transferrable skills and confidence – to take with you wherever you go
• A friendly team of volunteers, with a shared passion for helping parents
• Supportive supervision and regular opportunities for development
How do I become a volunteer?
1. Complete our online application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Have an interview – where we’ll get to know you better and you can find out more about the role
3. Start your training – this will cover all the skills you need to be a successful online peer support worker
4. Complete your DBS check (cost covered by us)
5. Sign up for your supervised shifts – schedule your volunteering around your other commitments (we ask for a minimum of just one 3 hour shift per month)
For more info please contact Gary Holdsworth on 07804243131 or email Gary.Holdsworth@brathay.org.uk
Visit Peer Support – The Cellar Trust for more information.